As a specialist in storing hydrogen in solid form using metal hydrides, McPhy has developed extensive knowledge in the technology of producing hydrogen from water electrolysis. With its unique expertise, McPhy offers solutions for the production and storage of low-pressure hydrogen for industrial and energy storage by combining electrolyzers with solid hydrogen storage.
Ideal hydrogen solutions for:
- industrial manufacturers wishing to control their own hydrogen production irrespective of its application and consumption patterns - including continuous hydrogen flow (from a few Nm3/h up to several hundred Nm3/h) and variables (to manage hydrogen consumption peaks) - and wishing to have a hydrogen back-up,
- energy storage (any type of energy: solar, wind, hydro, etc..) over the short-, medium- and/or long-term for peak-smoothing, peak-shaving, to participate in voltage regulation and help stabilize the power grid and the frequency.
Hydrogen solutions with unique advantages
- Security: the low-pressure technology reduces risks, compared to high-pressure hydrogen storage technologies (> 200 bar) and/or liquid (-253 °C).
- Independance : liberation from the complex logistics associated with hydrogen supply and control of own hydrogen production.
- Clean technology: McPhy hydrogen storage methods require less energy than hydrogen compression or liquefaction technologies that use up to 33% of hydrogen energy content for storage. McPhy products do not generate hazardous waste at the end of their life cycle.
- Easy to use: "plug and play" system and less maintenance.
- High energy output.
McPhy owns exclusive rights to a portfolio of unique patents, which are the culmination of more than eight years of research at CNRS and CEA, in partnership with the Université Joseph Fourier.
McPhy is directed by an experienced team with unique technology skills and substantial business expertise in the industrial gases market.